This sauce of melted dark chocolate and milk is enlivened with ground spices. We put it into our morning coffee, and whip it up with a hand-held “frother” to make Cafe Mocas. We also heat it slightly to use as a chocolate sauce poured over fresh fruit or ice cream. It is also a good and easy chocolate frosting for a cake.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 250 grams (9 ounces) good quality bar of Dark Chocolate 50%
- 1-1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground Cloves
- Break the chocolate bar into chunks and put it and the milk into a microwave-safe container, or in a saucepan.
- Heat for 2 minutes on High Microwave, or heat gently in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until the milk is hot and the chocolate is very soft. Do not boil the milk.
- Take off of the heat and stir with a wire wisk for a minute or two, until completely mixed into a uniform, thick chocolate liquid.
- Add the spices and mix well again.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
The chocolate will solidify more or less as it cools, depending upon the ratio of chocolate to milk.
Adjust the spices to taste.
Excellent in coffee to make a Mocha. Just scoop out a large spoonful and put in a cup of hot coffee, then whisk or froth.