As we have resolved to eat more vegetables, I have developed a fool-proof method for cooking delicious mixed vegetables in my Wok.
You will need a Wok or skillet with a lid and 2 heat-proof spatulas.
First you will stir-fry the vegetables and seasonings in hot oil, then add chicken broth and steam until the vegetables are just cooked.
Serves 2 to 4 people.
- 2 to 3 T Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
- Freshly grated Black Pepper and Salt
- 240 gms pre-washed Spinach
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 200 gms Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
- Heat the Olive Oil in a Wok.
- Add the Garlic and toss for 1 minute
- Add the Spinach, and toss to completely coat with Oil.
- Add Pepper and Salt to taste.
- Continue to toss the Spinach until it begins to wilt.
- Pour the Chicken Broth over the Spinach.
- Place the lid on the Wok, and turn down the heat to steam for 4 minutes.
- Taste the Spinach to test for tenderness.
- When the Spinach is tender, turn off the heat and add the Tomatoes.
- Toss the mixture well and pour into a serving dish. The Tomatoes only heat, they do not cook.