This recipe was inspired by Ruth Reichl's “The Courmet Cookbook”, and by Steve's and my visit to Argentina, where the Chimichurri Sauce is traditionally served with Carne Asada, a delicious grilled beef dish.
Quick to prepare, and quite tasty.
Serves 2 people as a main course.
- 3/4 pound Ahi Tuna in 2 pieces, each about 1 inch thick, brought to room temperature before cooking.
- 1 T Canola Oil
- Chimichurri Sauce (See recipe elsewhere in this blog.)
- Heat the Canola oil in a Wok or skillet, over High heat.
- Reduce the heat to Medium, and place the Tuna in the Wok, turning over to coat with Oil on both sides.
- Cook for several minutes per side, until browned on both sides, and still soft in the center.
Serve the Tuna with the Chimichurri sauce on the side.
I recommend a loaf of Ciabatta bread, or other crusty bread and a green salad as well.