One solution for avoiding dry cooked Chicken breast is to smother it in Basil Pesto and Parmesan Cheese and wrap it in Filo Pastry. Baked in the oven, it is an easy meal, and the Chicken comes out juicy and flavored with Prosciutto Ham. Delicious!
- Filo Pastry
- 1/2 de-boned and skinned Chicken Breast per person
- Basil Pesto
- Prosciutto Ham or other cured Ham, thinly sliced
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Sweet Smoked Paprika
- For each 1/2 Chicken Breast, spread two layers of Filo Pastry onto a work surface.
- Spread 2 Tablespoons of Basil Pesto across the center of the Filo pastry.
- Place 1/2 breast of Chicken onto the Pesto.
- Spoon more pesto on top of the Chicken breast.
- Lay short pieces of Ham across the Chicken, on top of the Pesto.
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of grated Parmesan Cheese onto the top of the Ham.
- Fold the Filo around the ingredients, tucking under the corners of the pastry, to make small parcels.
- Place the parcels on an oiled baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the parcels with Sweet Smoked Paprika, for color.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 200 ° C oven.
- If the Chicken breasts are large and thick, test for doneness with a meat thermometer stuck into one of the parcels.
- Serve immediately.