This one-pot, quick meal serves 4 people, and can be expanded to serve more. Use a stove-top pan with a lid. Taste the Chorizo Sausage to see how hot it is. Use enough of the Sausage to flavor the Jambalaya, but not so much that the dish will be unpleasantly hot! The chicken is already cooked, and the Chorizo provides the spices.
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 1 medium Brown Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 mediium Green Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Long Grain Rice
- 1-1/2 inches of Chorizo Sausage, thinly sliced, tasted first for hotness
- 2 cups Chicken Broth, hot
- 300 grams of cooked Smoked Chicken Breast, cut into pieces about 2″ by 1″ by 1″
- Heat the Oil in the pan, and add the Onion and Bell Pepper.
- Sauté over Medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring all of the time.
- Add the Garlic, Chorizo Sausage and the Rice.
- Continue to stir for a few more minutes to coat all ingredients with the Oil, and to heat the Rice.
- Add the Chicken Broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stir, and wait until the ingredients are simmering after each addition.
- Place the lid on the pot and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, over Low heat, until the Rice is cooked.
- Turn off the heat and add the Smoked Chicken pieces.
- Stir well, remove from heat, and replace the lid, so that the Chicken will heat.