You can pre-bake the Puff Pastry, if you wish, to ensure that the pastry is well cooked and puffy. Follow the instructions on the Puff Pastry package.
- 2 sheets frozen Puff Pastry, thawed according to the directions on the package
- 5 large Eggs
- 2-1/2 cups Milk
- 1 package (200 gm) Hot Smoked Salmon, plain or spicy, broken into medium sized pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped or sliced Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Salt, or less according to your taste
9-1/2-inch deep-dish (2 inches deep) or 10-inch regular pie plate.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface into a 13-inch circle. Fit into a 9-1/2-inch deep-dish or 10-inch regular pie plate.
- Trim excess pastry, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Turn edge under itself and crimp decoratively.
- Put a rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 220C.
- Whisk together Eggs, Milk and Salt, and stir in the Salmon and Sun-dried Tomatoes.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake at 220C for 25 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 200C and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the center is set (It should not jiggle when shaken).
- Transfer pan to a rack to cool to warm or room temperature.