Alan served this salad to us once, and we were hooked. We have modified it slightly.
- About 25 to 30 Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil leaves, a small bunch
- Fresh Mint leaves, a small bunch
- Freshly ground Salt and Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped Red Onion (optional)
- Cut the Tomatoes in half and place them into a medium sized bowl, squeezing one of the halves of each Tomato.
- Tear the Basil leaves and Mint leaves and place them on top of the Tomatoes.
- Add the chopped Red Onion.
- Add some ground Salt and Pepper
- Pour on some Olive Oil, and toss the salad well.
- Allow the salad to sit at room temperature for about an hour.
- Just before serving, toss the salad again, and pour on top a little more Olive Oil.