In my daughter's family, the guys cook as well as the gals. Alan gave us this recipe in July, 2003
- 1 cup (stone-ground) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries (extra flour and white sugar to coat),or: pecans, or sliced bananas
- Light Oil or Butter
- Combine the Flour and Milk in a mixing bowl, stirring until smooth.
- Add the Egg yolks and blend well.
- Coat the Blueberries with a bit of flour and white sugar.
- Add the Blueberries to the batter.
- Beat the Egg whites until softly stiff. Fold into the batter.
- Use 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook on a hot griddle, brushed with light oil or butter.