I keep a small jar of this liquid on a shelf under the galley sink for that unhappy moment when someone spills red wine at the dinner table, or onto the carpet. It is a technique I found in an old book, many years ago. We have used it with amazing success for years.
- 1 part liquid dish detergent
- 1 part Glycerine
- 8 parts water
- Mix ingredients together well.
- Blot up as much wine as you can with dry paper towels.
- Wet a wad of clean paper towels with the Spotter liquid and blot the stain, using new towels and liquid until the spot is removed.
- Follow with clean paper towels or terry towels soaked with clean water, then blot dry.