When my grandson and I were looking in the fridge for ingredients for dinner one day, we found my packet of Hot Smoked Salmon and decided to make Pasta with it. Fortunately I had observed my son-in-law make proper pasta dishes so was confident that we could whip up something delicious. This is a quick and easy main dish for lunch or dinner, for 4 people. You will have to work quickly from start to finish, so don't let anyone interrupt you halfway through making this dish.
- 16 oz (450 grams) Spaghetti, or other pasta of your choice. Penne pasta is good here, too.
- 16 oz (450 grams) Hot Smoked Salmon, flavored with pepper or Cajun seasonings
- 1/4 cup Capers, drained
- Good quality Olive Oil
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, until al dente tender.
- Scoop out 1 cup of the pasta water before draining, and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Break the Hot Smoked Salmon into medium-sized chunks and heat gently in a little Olive Oil in the pasta pot, just enough to warm it.
- Add the Capers and the drained pasta to the pot with the Salmon.
- Add a little Olive Oil and toss.
- Then add 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water to help make the sauce. Add more of the water only if the Pasta seems to need more sauce.
- Toss to mix and serve immediately.