When we left the US, there was basically no place to buy Heinz Chili Sauce, which has a special taste and texture. There are numerous recipes on the Internet, written by cooks who live in France, Brazil and other countries. This sauce has always been the basis for our Red Sauce for Seafood, primarily Prawns and Crab. It took us a few days of experimentation to come up with this recipe.
- 1/2 medium white or red Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of chopped Garlic
- 1 can (400 gm) chopped Tomatoes, drained
- 1 small can (130 gm) Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- A little Salt
Put all ingredients into a Food Processor and whiz until a thick sauce has formed.
To make a Red Sauce for Prawns or Crab, add the following ingredients:
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Lemon or Lime juice
- Horseradish to taste