This can't be beat for a really quick and nutritious meal. We try to keep a small supply of hot smoked salmon in the bottom of our fridge for such an occasion. Choose salmon that is flavored with cracked pepper, Italian seasoning or something similar. The key to success is to cook over High heat, in a well-oiled Wok or skillet, and lift and fold the eggs. Don't stir the eggs. Cook until just tender and still moist.
Serves 2 people.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- About 180 gms seasoned Hot Smoked Salmon, broken into chunks
- 4 Eggs, mixed with a fork
- Heat the oil in the skillet or Wok.
- Add the Salmon, and toss to heat through.
- Move the Salmon to one side of the pan.
- Add the Eggs and allow to set for 15 seconds.
- With a spatula, scrape the egg off the bottom of the pan, and fold the eggs slowly, keeping them away from the Salmon at first.
- Incorporate the Salmon into the Eggs and cook for a short time more, making sure the eggs are just tender, and not overcooked and dry.
Serve on two plates with fresh fruit or salad.