As we have resolved to eat more vegetables, I have developed a fool-proof method for cooking delicious mixed vegetables in my Wok.
You will need a Wok or skillet with a lid and 2 heat-proof spatulas.
First you will stir-fry the vegetables and seasonings in hot oil, then add chicken broth and steam until the vegetables are just cooked.
Serves 2 to 4 people.
- 2 to 3 Tb Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
- Freshly grated Black Pepper and Salt
- Green beans, cut into 1-inch long pieces
- Carrots sliced thinly
- 5 whole Sun-dried Tomatoes, marinaded in oil, and cut into strips
- Oil from the jar of Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Heat the Olive Oil in a Wok.
- Add the Garlic and toss for 1 minute
- Add the Beans, Carrots and Sun-dried Tomatoes, and toss to completely coat with Oil and to heat through.
- Add Pepper and Salt to taste.
- Pour the Chicken Broth over the vegetables.
- Place the lid on the Wok, and turn down the heat to steam for 4 minutes. Add a little water if the broth evaporates away.
- Taste the Beans to test for tenderness.
- When the Beans are tender, pour the mixture into a serving dish.