Liza Copeland, S/V BAGHEERA, served this to us in Desolation Sound, British Columbia, Canada, years ago. Serve it with plain Saltine crackers, letting each of your guests scrape some of the melted cheese and sun dried tomatoes from the serving plate and spread it onto a cracker. Can't be beat.
- One round of a nice Brie cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup or more Sun dried tomatoes, in an herb and oil marinade, cut into strips
- Box of plain Saltine crackers
- Place the Brie into the center of a microwave safe serving plate or flat soup bowl.
- Scatter the Sun-dried tomatoes over the top of and around the Brie.
- Pour some of the oil marinade from the jar of Sun-dried tomatoes over the top of the Brie.
- Heat on High in microwave oven for 1 or 2 minutes, or until the cheese softens, but does not become runny.
- Serve immediately with Saltine crackers.